Welcome to the
Cowichan Valley Starfinders
The Cowichan Valley Starfinders are a non-profit society who’s mandate is to promote and enjoy amateur astronomy in the Cowichan Valley on Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada
Monthly Club Socials
Socials are held the 4th Wednesday of every month at 7:00pm with the exception of July, August and December (dinner) and are hosted in Mill Bay. Come and enjoy a fun and informative social and maybe a little observing afterward.
Astronomy & Space News
- 60-Second Astro News: Tech Advances for Exoplanet Hunters
- The Challenges of an Alien Spaceflight Program: Escaping Super Earths and Red Dwarf Stars
- This Meteorite is One of the Few Remnants from a Lost Planet that was Destroyed Long Ago
- Amateurs Take Huge Panoramic View of the Milky Way — Without a Telescope
- Vast stellar nursery of Lagoon Nebula
- NASA planet hunter on its way to orbit
- Successful Launch for NASA’s TESS Exoplanet Mission
- Optimizing space travel efficiency
- Farewell Kepler. Welcome TESS
- Musk Says that SpaceX will use a Giant Party Balloon to Bring an Upper Stage Back. Wait, what?