Welcome to the
Cowichan Valley Starfinders
The Cowichan Valley Starfinders are a non-profit society who’s mandate is to promote and enjoy amateur astronomy in the Cowichan Valley on Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada
Monthly Club Socials
Socials are held the 4th Wednesday of every month at 7:00pm with the exception of July, August and December (dinner) and are hosted in Mill Bay. Come and enjoy a fun and informative social and maybe a little observing afterward.
Astronomy & Space News
- Good News: a SpaceX Cargo Resupply is Off to the Space Station. Bad News: Failed Hydraulics in the Grid Fins Caused the First Stage Booster to Crash Into the Ocean
- The Large Hadron Collider has been Shut Down, and Will Stay Down for Two Years While they Perform Major Upgrades
- Weekly Space Hangout: Dec 05, 2018: Dr. Pamela Gay talks CosmoQuest Hangoutathon!
- Starlight Tally Reveals Cosmic History of Star Formation
- Mantle neon illuminates Earth’s formation
- SpaceX Launches Orbiting “Sculpture in the Sky” / Comet Update
- Bringing balance to the universe: New theory could explain missing 95 percent of the cosmos
- A Meteor may have Exploded in the Air 3,700 Years Ago, Obliterating Communities Near the Dead Sea
- Building Gas Stations and McMurdo Scale Outposts on the Moon
- New Gravitational Waves Detected From Four More Black Hole Mergers. Total Detections up to 11 Now